Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Not All Pocket Charts Are Created Equal

My friend Jennifer of FirstGradeBlueSkies did this awesome tutorial for dying pocket charts.  I thought I would give it a try and purchased some dye from Hobby Lobby today.  First mistake, I bought liquid not powder.  I don't really think it made any difference though. 
I always like to get my money's worth, so thought I would dye 3 instead of just 1.  Probably would have been fine, but not all pocket charts are created with the same materials.  They were the same color (blue), but did feel a tad thicker to the touch -- mistake #2. Not really a big deal.  I can order the smaller ones in black from Amazon.  I really just needed the 100's chart to turn out and I think it did!



So, if you've tried this before and didn't get the results you were looking for, it may have been the pocket chart and not your ability!  That's what I'm blaming it on anyway!!!

Good luck! It really is an easy DIY, if you're dying a thinner pocket chart!

No comments:

Post a Comment