Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Challenges of a Teacher in the Summer!



I've accepted the TPTSellerChallenge! I've been working this week to update products in my TPT store and WOW has it been fun!! As with everything I begin, I would get started on one thing and have to do another! My store is still a work in progress, but here's one product that received a facelift:

(It didn't even have a cover before! AND I had forgotten to even add it to my store last year after I made it for myself to use!)



Another (non related ) project I've been slowly working on,  is a headboard! I keep looking at all those  beautiful master suites on Pinterest and I'm determined to add to ours!  So, this week, I began!


Doesn't look like much yet, I know.  But it will be beautiful ;)


Also this week, our daughter had her second oral surgery.  She has been a trooper through all of it!
(I did take a picture of her before surgery, but she would die if I posted it!)

I've also been involved in a book study through our school system.  We read Transformational Literacy and watched the videos that came with the book.  It has been interesting to see how some educators use informational and fiction texts in their classroom to dig deeper in a standard to not only cover the requirements of the ELA CCRS, but also content areas.  It shows how educators are spending more time and their students are becoming experts with practice that matters to them! I love it when I get to see what is going on in other 2nd grade classrooms! I'll be in a 2 day workshop with other ELA teachers throughout our county!

No comments:

Post a Comment