Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Crayon Box that Talked

Just wanted to share a little something we did the first week back to school...


  I shared the book The Crayon Box that Talked by Shane Derolf with my brand new bunch of second graders on the second day back to school.  We are still getting to know each other and taking our time with the transition from summer vacation to full time student!   I always share this book at the beginning of the year since it teaches the valuable lesson of how each one is important and adds something unique to our lives. This year, I added a new craftivity! I made a large "crayon box" and each student used their favorite color of construction paper to make their own crayon.  I had already printed the oval cut outs with their names so all they had to do was cut it out and glue it to their crayon! I am in love with how it turned out!  And yes, the 14 on the box does mean I have 14 students.  I know what you're thinking and I am loving every minute of it!!

You can grab the book here from Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment